By Ivan Pentchoukov
Former President Donald Trump made an unannounced visit to a dog rescue fundraiser in Palm Beach on Friday.
“I didn’t exactly prepare for this, but I was walking and I hear everybody screaming and I said, wow what’s going on,” Trump said.
The former president, wearing a white polo shirt and a red “Make America Great Again” cap, praised the non-profit, Big Dog Ranch Rescue, for doing “important” work.
“We had many meetings at the White House and the Oval Office having to do with saving and helping dogs,” Trump said. “I just want to thank you. I hope you’re having a good time.”
Since leaving the White House, Trump has spent a lot of time catching up with old contacts and socializing with members of his exclusive Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, according to his adviser, Jason Miller.
According to its website, Big Dog Ranch Rescue held its 8th annual “Wine, Women & Shoes Friday” fundraiser at Mar-a-Lago on Friday from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The rescue’s event at Mar-a-Lago on Saturday is sold out.
One of the event photos features Lara Trump, the former president’s daughter-in-law. Lara Trump has supported the annual event and the non-profit for many years, according to a video from the rescue’s website. She helped the organization this year by helping pass a bill making animal cruelty a federal crime, one of the organizers said.
The former president praised his daughter-in-law and jokingly prodded her about running for the Senate. Lara Trump has considered a run for the U.S. Senate in North Carolina but has not made up her mind.
According to its Twitter profile, Big Dog Ranch Rescue is “the largest no-kill dog rescue in the Southeastern U.S.”
“Sip world-class wines, shop the latest fashions, participate in the Best-in-Shoe competition while you enjoy an exquisite luncheon. Be dazzled by an energetic fashion show (and of course our famous celebrity doggie fashion shoe). Shop the runway as the fun continues around the pool!” the Mar-a-Lago event description states.
- Queen Elizabeth’s Husband Prince Philip Passes Away at Age 99
- Trump Endorses Rand Paul for Re-Election, Calls Him a ‘True Champion’
- Trump’s Steel, Aluminum Tariffs Saved US Jobs, Biden Commerce Secretary Says
- Biden’s Corporate Tax Hikes Would Cost 1 Million Jobs, Study Finds
- Trump: Arkansas Governor’s Veto of Bill Blocking Minor Sex Surgeries ‘The End of Him’
- Trump Promises ‘Orderly Transition’ After Biden Certified as President-Elect on
- Trump Says Supreme Court ‘Incompetent and Weak’ Over Election Fraud on
- NH’s Voting Machines Are Capable of Redistributing Votes on
- Dominion’s Parent Company Arranges $400 Million Placement 1 Month Before Election: SEC Filing on
- Joe Biden listed as criminal suspect in Ukrainian court on