By Zachary Stieber
President Donald Trump will wield his fortune and name to help Republicans flip the House of Representatives during the next nationwide election, an adviser said on Jan. 14.
“President Trump is going to make sure we get the House back in 2022,” Jason Miller, a Trump campaign adviser, said.
“He’s got a ton of money. He’s the biggest name. He’s going to get that done.”
Miller was speaking on Steve Bannon’s “War Room.” Bannon is a former Trump strategist.
Trump’s plans after leaving office, which he’s scheduled to do next week, are unclear. He has posited starting a company to rival Twitter and other social media companies, but said little else about what he plans to do.
Republicans surprised many by flipping 14 House seats in the 2020 election, cutting Democrats’ majority to 10 from 35. That sets them up for a favorable 2022, if things break right.
Trump spending and rallying for House candidates would provide a boost, given how popular he remains with Republican voters.
Calls for Trump to run for president in 2024 began almost immediately after the 2020 election. Democrats are trying to prevent that by impeaching Trump. If the Senate convicts him, they can choose to disqualify him from office in a second vote.
“They could prevent him from ever holding office again. They could prevent him from getting all of the perks of a retired president,” Rep. Diana DeGette (D-Colo.), a House impeachment manager, said on CNN’s “New Day.”
Miller said on Fox Business on Jan. 14 that he hopes Trump runs in 2024.
“I hope so. And I’ve told him that I hope that he does. He hasn’t made any kind of decision or even in private he hasn’t said anything formally,” Miller said. “I think he wants to make sure that he closes out what I would say is the most successful first term in presidential history.”
- Science Journals Support Claim that Pfizer Covid Vaccine May Cause Deadly Neurodegenerative Disease
- Bill Gates Left Microsoft Board Before Conclusion of Probe Into Affair With Employee
- Supreme Court Unanimously Rebuffs Biden Administration on Warrantless Searches for Handguns
- FBI Reclassifies 2017 Shooting on GOP Congressional Baseball Team as Domestic Terrorism
- Israel Says Over 9 Miles of Gaza ‘Terror Tunnel’ Destroyed in Airstrikes
- Trump Promises ‘Orderly Transition’ After Biden Certified as President-Elect on
- Trump Says Supreme Court ‘Incompetent and Weak’ Over Election Fraud on
- NH’s Voting Machines Are Capable of Redistributing Votes on
- Dominion’s Parent Company Arranges $400 Million Placement 1 Month Before Election: SEC Filing on
- Joe Biden listed as criminal suspect in Ukrainian court on