By Sam Dorman | Fox News
Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C., said on Saturday that while President Trump’s call with Ukraine wasn’t “perfect,” it also wasn’t impeachable.
“It was not in my opinion a perfect call — perhaps inappropriate, certainly not impeachable,” Scott said while appearing on “Cavuto Live.”
Scott’s comments came just days after House Democrats voted to impeach President Trump over his call with Ukraine, in which he requested the country investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, Hunter.
Democrats have alleged that the president tried to pressure Ukraine into influencing the 2020 election by withholding foreign aid. Trump, meanwhile, has denied any wrongdoing and claimed that his call was “perfect.”
LISA BOOTHE: DEMOCRATS ARE ‘CHEAPENING’ IMPEACHMENT ‘AND MAKING IT PARTISAN AND THERE’S NO GOING BACK’
“The Ukrainians received the aid they needed without any preconditions being met,” Scott told Fox News host Neil Cavuto. “Therefore, what has been suggested and/or said in the House — that the president required a quid pro quo so that he could have dirt on the Bidens — turned out to be unequivocally, undeniably false,” he said.
The GOP-led Senate is expected to reject any attempt to remove the president, but House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., appears to be stalling by refusing to send the impeachment articles to the chamber.
“There is no leverage that Nancy Pelosi has in the Senate whatsoever,” Scott said. He added that both Republicans and Democrats were “confused” by Pelosi’s actions. Sam Dorman is a reporter with Fox News
- McConnell: GOP Would Likely Block Biden Supreme Court Pick in 2024
- Arizona Senate Audit Liaison Disputes Report Claiming Hundreds of Thousands of Ballots Missing
- GOP Mayor-Elect of Town That Is 85 Percent Latino Says Latinos Are ‘Opening Their Eyes’
- Election Assessment in Pennsylvania County Uncovers Five ‘Issues of Note’
- Nearly 800 Reports of Heart Inflammation After COVID-19 Vaccination in US
- Trump Promises ‘Orderly Transition’ After Biden Certified as President-Elect on
- Trump Says Supreme Court ‘Incompetent and Weak’ Over Election Fraud on
- NH’s Voting Machines Are Capable of Redistributing Votes on
- Dominion’s Parent Company Arranges $400 Million Placement 1 Month Before Election: SEC Filing on
- Joe Biden listed as criminal suspect in Ukrainian court on