By Gary Du
Robert Unanue, Goya Foods President and CEO, said on Friday the political left has weaponized the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus to take away God, culture, history, and liberty from the people of the United States.
“The problem is it’s a political year. They weaponized coronavirus. Unfortunately, they shut down this economy. The worst thing we could do is shut down our economy, kill our spirit. We need a reason to get up in the morning: God, family, work. And they are taking away our spirit, they’re taking away our ability to work,” Unanue told Fox News on Jan. 15.
“We’re one nation under God. We’re not one nation under Twitter. We’re not one nation under big media and or under central government. We’re trying to have media, Big Tech control our lives, the government control our lives,” he said.
“They want to cancel God. They want to cancel our speech. They want to cancel our culture, our history, our liberty. They want to control us, the few controlling the many like a bunch of sheep. None of these people care about us, we can not move away from God. We need to love and to build, not hate and destroy,” he added.
Unanue said Goya experienced its most successful year in 2020 after leftists tried to boycott his products.
Unanue made sympathetic remarks about Trump earlier in 2020, comparing the president’s entrepreneurialism to that of his grandfather’s. His remarks sparked ire among Trump’s critics, with celebrities and politicians, including Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) and former Democratic presidential candidate Julian Castro, denouncing the brand or calling for Goya boycotts.
Ocasio-Cortez was nominated “employee of the month” in December by Goya after her call to boycott Goya stimulated a 10-fold growth in sales, Unanue told The Michael Berry Show.
Unanue further criticized the left, saying that their handling of the CCP virus pandemic was done for political gain.
“They essentially declared martial law. … It’s the worst thing we could have done, just for political gain. I think it’s criminal, I think it’s immoral to shut down this economy for this basically political reasons,” he said.
Unanue called on people to get closer to God during this difficult time.
“We need to not move away from God. We need to move closer to God,” he said.
Tom Ozimek contributed to this report.
- Nikki Haley Says She Will Not Run for President in 2024 If Trump Does
- Trump: ‘Politically Correct Supreme Court’ Will Get What It Deserves If Court Is Expanded
- Trump Predicts GOP Will Retake Congress in 2022, White House in 2024
- Evangelist Franklin Graham Says Trump’s Wealth Declined While in Office Because He Put ‘America First’
- Arizona Governor Signs Bill Banning Private Donations for Election Processes
- Trump Promises ‘Orderly Transition’ After Biden Certified as President-Elect on
- Trump Says Supreme Court ‘Incompetent and Weak’ Over Election Fraud on
- NH’s Voting Machines Are Capable of Redistributing Votes on
- Dominion’s Parent Company Arranges $400 Million Placement 1 Month Before Election: SEC Filing on
- Joe Biden listed as criminal suspect in Ukrainian court on