By Yael Halon | Fox News
‘I think we got help from the very top,’ Mark McCloskey told Sean Hannity.
Missouri attorney Mark McCloskey, who along with his wife Patricia brandished legally owned firearms when confronted by Black Lives Matter protesters at their St. Louis home last month, told “Hannity” on Tuesday that he believes President Trump quietly intervened when protesters returned to his neighborhood for a second time July 3.
“The second night that people came and the cops were there … I had a source on the ground and I’ve not been able to confirm it, maybe you can,” host Sean Hannity told McCloskey. “Is it true President Trump sent in people to defend your neighborhood and nobody knew about it?”
MISSOURI COUPLE WHO DEFENDED HOME HAVE RIFLE SEIZED DURING POLICE SEARCH: REPORT
“That’s the information we have,” McCloskey responded. “I think we got help from the very top. That night, we had cooperation, I think, from the federal government, from the state government, the local police department. That night everybody stood up like champs but it came from the top down.
“I can’t express my appreciation enough for everybody involved,” he added.
McCloskey joined “Hannity” after he told told “Tucker Carlson Tonight” that “the rumor is that” he and his wife “are going to be indicted shortly” over the June 28 incident that received national attention.
ARMED ST. LOUIS HOMEOWNER SAID PROTESTERS THREATENED TO KILL HER, MOVE INTO HER HOME
The couple told “Hannity” last week that they were preparing to sit down for dinner on their porch when “300 to 500 people” stormed their community gate and began moving toward them.
“[They said] that they were going to kill us,” Patricia McCloskey recalled at the time. “They were going to come in there. They were going to burn down the house. They were going to be living in our house after I was dead, and they were pointing to different rooms and said, ‘That’s going to be my bedroom and that’s going to be the living room and I’m going to be taking a shower in that room.'”
McCloskey maintained Tuesday that he and his wife “did nothing wrong” in protecting their home and vowed that they will not “be intimidated” by authorities subjecting them to an investigation.
“They want to indict me. The press has maligned me, and they are trying to socially intimidate us but we did nothing wrong and we are not going to be intimidated,” he asserted. “We are not subject to intimidation and we won’t back down.
“It’s been an intimidation campaign,” he added, “and we are going to fight it.”Yael Halon is a reporter for Fox News.
- Stellantis and Foxconn Announce Partnership for New Line of Automotive Semiconductor Chips
- Mark Meadows sues Nancy Pelosi and Capitol riot panel members
- Biden Administration Skips Congressional Hearing on Closing Gitmo
- The ‘Great Resignation’ and Inflation Could Push Each Other Higher, Says Economist
- US Still Facing ‘Great Worker Shortages’ Amid Near Record Job Openings
- Vermont Woman Fired, Denied Unemployment for Refusing Vaccine, Becomes Homeless and Flees to Florida on
- Trump Promises ‘Orderly Transition’ After Biden Certified as President-Elect on
- Trump Says Supreme Court ‘Incompetent and Weak’ Over Election Fraud on
- NH’s Voting Machines Are Capable of Redistributing Votes on
- Dominion’s Parent Company Arranges $400 Million Placement 1 Month Before Election: SEC Filing on