By Jack Phillips
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) told voters in Georgia that anyone who is involved in voter fraud should be jailed and prosecuted.
“We are fighting together to defend the nation we love,” the Texas senator said in a rally in Savannah on Saturday. “Let me tell what we also need to do. It is time to end voter fraud. It is time to expose voter fraud. It is time to take anyone who was involved in voter fraud and prosecute them and put them in jail.”
He added, “Our democracy matters. Our Constitution matters. Our Bill of Rights matters. America matters. And the state of Georgia will rise to defend the United States of America.”
Cruz was in Georgia to rally support for Republican Sens. David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler, who are vying for two Senate seats against Democratic challengers Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock.
“The people of Georgia believe in common-sense conservative values,” Cruz said on Saturday in another event. “People of Georgia want lower taxes, less regulations, and a lot more jobs. They don’t want to see socialism come to this country.”
In the runoff election, control of the Senate is at stake. Republicans currently hold a 50-48 edge in the chamber.
Earlier in the month, Cruz suggested to the Supreme Court that it take up a case filed by Rep. Mike Kelly (R-Pa.) and other Republicans that Pennsylvania unlawfully changed its ballot-integrity laws before the court announced it would not grant them a request for injunctive relief. Kelly has since said he would file an appeal.
“I’m disappointed the Court decided not to hear the case challenging the election results in PA,” Cruz said in a statement on Twitter after the Supreme Court’s decision. “This appeal filed raised important & serious legal issues, & I believe the Court had a responsibility to ensure our elections follow the law & the Constitution.”
- Queen Elizabeth’s Husband Prince Philip Passes Away at Age 99
- Trump Endorses Rand Paul for Re-Election, Calls Him a ‘True Champion’
- Trump’s Steel, Aluminum Tariffs Saved US Jobs, Biden Commerce Secretary Says
- Biden’s Corporate Tax Hikes Would Cost 1 Million Jobs, Study Finds
- Trump: Arkansas Governor’s Veto of Bill Blocking Minor Sex Surgeries ‘The End of Him’
- Trump Promises ‘Orderly Transition’ After Biden Certified as President-Elect on
- Trump Says Supreme Court ‘Incompetent and Weak’ Over Election Fraud on
- NH’s Voting Machines Are Capable of Redistributing Votes on
- Dominion’s Parent Company Arranges $400 Million Placement 1 Month Before Election: SEC Filing on
- Joe Biden listed as criminal suspect in Ukrainian court on