By The Daily Caller News Foundation
- Police in Kansas City discovered pallets of rocks and bricks near protest sites on Sunday that they believe were to be ‘used during a riot.’
- Peaceful protests in many U.S. cities over the death of George Floyd have devolved into rioting and looting, stoking concerns that anarchist groups are organizing violence.
- President Trump on Sunday pinned blame for the chaos on Antifa, a radical left-wing group.
- Protesters in Kansas City looted stores in the city’s high-end retail district, the Plaza.
The Kansas City police department said Sunday that officers found bricks and rocks staged near protest sites around the city, stoking concerns that individuals or groups had pre-planned looting and destruction that hit the city over the weekend.
“We have learned of & discovered stashes of bricks and rocks in & around the Plaza and Westport to be used during a riot,” the department said in a tweet on Sunday.
TRENDING: ‘Disgusting’: ‘Horrible’ prof explains how to destroy Washington Monument
As in most major cities across the U.S., protesters gathered in Kansas City over the weekend over the police-involved death of George Floyd. The 46-year-old black man died last Monday after a Minneapolis police officer kneeled on his neck for nearly 10 minutes during an arrest involving a non-violent incident.
What began as peaceful protests in many cities over the past several days has devolved into looting and rioting. Looters hit Kansas City’s Plaza, a high-end retail district, on Saturday and Sunday.
A spokesman for the Kansas City police department said he had not identified the source for the bricks and rocks found near the protest sites. But he said they were likely intended for “nefarious use.”
“I don’t know who would have put them there. I don’t think they’re doing any type of construction or anything like that. I sense that they’re probably there for nefarious use,” Capt. David Jackson told reporters on Sunday.
Kansas City police deemed protests near the Plaza unruly on Sunday night after demonstrators began throwing debris at officers.
Fires were also set during the riot. A reporter for KSHB, a Kanas City TV station, said that her car was set on fire near the protests.
Police just advanced past our car that’s on fire. They checked on us to make sure we are ok. @41actionnews
.@KCMOFireDept crews now putting out the fire set to our car. @41actionnews
Piles of bricks and rocks have been spotted by social media users in other cities across the U.S. stoking concerns that groups are staging much of the rioting and looting. So far, only the Kansas City police department has linked the discovery of pallets of bricks to pre-planned rioting.
Advertisement – story continues below Ads by RevcontentAmericas #1 Futurist George Gilder’s 2020 Prediction Will Stun YouInternet Reboot 2020
President Trump and the Justice Department have asserted that Antifa, the loosely organized left-wing anarchist group, is behind much of the looting and rioting. Trump said Sunday he plans to declare Antifa a domestic terror group.
Democrats have downplayed Antifa’s role in the protests. Some have asserted without evidence that white supremacist groups are behind much of the violence. Former National Security Adviser Susan Rice went as far Sunday as claiming that the Russian government was funding some of the violence in order to sow discord over George Floyd’s death.
The New York Police Department’s top counterterrorism official said Sunday that the agency has analyzed the tactics of anarchist groups.
John Miller, the deputy commissioner for intelligence and counterterrorism, said Sunday that anarchist groups have organized medical teams near protest sites in anticipation of violence and confrontation with police.
“They prepared to commit property damage and directed people who were following them that this should be done selectively and only in wealthier areas or at high-end stores run by corporate entities,” Miller said, according to NBC News.
He also said that the groups use bicycle scouts to direct violent demonstrators to parts of the city that are not patrolled by police.
He said the scouts were able “to direct groups from the larger group to places where they could commit acts of vandalism including the torching of police vehicles and Molotov cocktails where they thought officers would not be.”
This story originally was published by the Daily Caller News Foundation.
- Fed Faces Jittery Markets Ahead of Key Policy Meeting That Will Consider Stimulus Rollback
- Federal Govt Whistleblower Goes Public with Secret Recordings: ‘Government Doesn’t Want to Show the [COVID] Vaccine is Full of Sh*t’; ‘Shove’ Adverse Effect Reporting ‘Under the Mat’
- Arizona Woman ‘Mistakenly’ Injected With COVID-19 Vaccine
- Boxer-Senator Manny Pacquiao to Run for Philippine President
- Del Rio Mayor Calls Out Biden, Harris for Failing to Visit Border in Crisis: ‘Why Aren’t You Here?’
- Trump Promises ‘Orderly Transition’ After Biden Certified as President-Elect on
- Trump Says Supreme Court ‘Incompetent and Weak’ Over Election Fraud on
- NH’s Voting Machines Are Capable of Redistributing Votes on
- Dominion’s Parent Company Arranges $400 Million Placement 1 Month Before Election: SEC Filing on
- Joe Biden listed as criminal suspect in Ukrainian court on