By Reuters Staff
SARAJEVO (Reuters) – Slovenian Prime Minister Janez Jansa congratulated Donald Trump on what he described in a tweet as a clear victory in the U.S. presidential election, becoming the first European Union leader to do so.
“It’s pretty clear that American people have elected @realDonaldTrump @Mike_Pence for #4moreyears,” said the leader of the tiny Alpine country, which is homeland of first lady Melania Trump.
“More delays and facts denying from #MSM, bigger the final triumph for #POTUS,” tweeted Jansa, a rightist politician who had supported Trump ahead of the U.S. vote. “Congratulations @GOP for strong results across the #US.”
Reporting by Daria Sito-Sucic in Sarajevo; Editing by Alison Williams
- Nikki Haley Says She Will Not Run for President in 2024 If Trump Does
- Trump: ‘Politically Correct Supreme Court’ Will Get What It Deserves If Court Is Expanded
- Trump Predicts GOP Will Retake Congress in 2022, White House in 2024
- Evangelist Franklin Graham Says Trump’s Wealth Declined While in Office Because He Put ‘America First’
- Arizona Governor Signs Bill Banning Private Donations for Election Processes
- Trump Promises ‘Orderly Transition’ After Biden Certified as President-Elect on
- Trump Says Supreme Court ‘Incompetent and Weak’ Over Election Fraud on
- NH’s Voting Machines Are Capable of Redistributing Votes on
- Dominion’s Parent Company Arranges $400 Million Placement 1 Month Before Election: SEC Filing on
- Joe Biden listed as criminal suspect in Ukrainian court on