By Brooke Singman | Fox News
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and other top Republican senators are leading a new program for the Trump campaign’s finance committee to encourage GOP members of the Senate to volunteer as fundraisers to “ensure” the campaign and the Republican National Committee have “the necessary resources” to win in November.
The program, called the “Senate Captains Program,” will work with the Trump Victory Finance Committee — a joint field effort between the Trump campaign and the RNC — and will “spearhead outreach” to GOP senators.
TRUMP’S BIRTHDAY MARKS RNC, TRUMP CAMPAIGN’S SINGLE BEST ONLINE FUNDRAISING DAY EVER
McConnell, R-Ky., will be the “Senate Captain,” with Sens. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn., Roy Blunt, R-Mo., Kevin Kramer, R-N.D., and Rob Portman, R-Ohio, serving as “co-captains.”
“As the Democrat Party embraces socialism and rejects the values that make America great, it is crucial that our party comes together to reelect President Trump and support Republicans up and down the ballot,” McConnell said in a statement. “The new Senate Captains program, led by Kimberly Guilfoyle and the Trump Victory Finance Committee, will give our party the resources it needs to reelect President Trump and defeat the Democrats’ leftist agenda.”
The program was introduced Wednesday by Guilfoyle, a former Fox News co-host, who noted that “it is vital” to “tap into the skills of our congressional leaders to enhance our nationwide volunteer fundraising effort.
GOP ENJOYS TWO-TO-ONE CASH ADVANTAGE OVER DEMS, SPENDS BIG ON ADS
“The Republican Party is unified around President Trump,” Guilfoyle said. “We are utilizing the extensive talents of all our supporters to win in November.”
The Trump campaign and the RNC have roughly $255 million cash on hand, compared to the approximately $100 million the Joe Biden campaign and Democratic National Committee have on hand.Brooke Singman is a Politics Reporter for Fox News. Follow her on Twitter at @BrookeSingman.
- Hospital System That Serves 4 States Fires 175 Workers After Vaccine Mandate
- Google, in Fight Against Record $5 Billion EU Fine, Slams Regulators for Ignoring Apple
- Thousands of NY Health Care Workers Placed on Unpaid Leave, Face Firing Over Vaccine Mandate
- New York Hospitals Preparing for Health Care ‘Problem’ as COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate Takes Effect
- Democrats ‘Reach Agreement’ to Raise $600 Cap on Biden’s Proposal on IRS Reporting and Surveillance
- Trump Promises ‘Orderly Transition’ After Biden Certified as President-Elect on
- Trump Says Supreme Court ‘Incompetent and Weak’ Over Election Fraud on
- NH’s Voting Machines Are Capable of Redistributing Votes on
- Dominion’s Parent Company Arranges $400 Million Placement 1 Month Before Election: SEC Filing on
- Joe Biden listed as criminal suspect in Ukrainian court on