By Joshua Nelson | Fox News
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy on Monday torched House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, accusing him of lying throughout the impeachment inquiry process against President Trump.
“Schiff dislikes this president so much, he will lie and lie and do anything to impeach this president,” McCarthy, R-Calif., told “Fox & Friends.”
LINDSEY GRAHAM TORCHES SCHIFF OVER IMPEACHMENT TACTICS: HE ‘IS DOING A LOT OF DAMAGE TO THE COUNTRY, AND HE NEEDS TO STOP.’
McCarthy went on to detail the alleged lies by Schiff, including dubious claims about Trump’s ties to Russia as the Mueller probe unfolded.
“We found out that was a lie,” McCarthy said. “Remember when he said he wished he knew who the whistleblower was? That was a lie.”
Republicans have been criticizing Schiff, D-Calif., for subpoenaing and releasing phone records of calls between the office of former Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Calif., and Rudy Giuliani, Giuliani associate Lev Parnas, and journalist John Solomon.
MIKE PENCE: NOT A ‘FOREGONE CONCLUSION’ DEMS WILL SECURE IMPEACHMENT VOTES
Senate Judiciary Chairman Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., is preparing for a likely impeachment trial in the Senate, and he lambasted Schiff for his actions in leading the inquiry into President Trump.
“I think it’s dangerous,” Graham said. “Here’s what I would tell Adam Schiff. Do you really want to start calling other members, Republican members of Congress in oversight? Do you want me to call you to the Senate as part of Senate oversight?”
McCarthy said that Rep. Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., “campaigned” to become the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee “on the basis that he would be the best chairman for impeachment.”
McCarthy went on to say that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi instead tasked Schiff with spearheading the impeachment because she believes Nadler is “inept.”
He said Democrats have repeatedly failed to bring convincing evidence that Trump committed an “impeachable offense.”Joshua Nelson is a freelance reporter for Fox News.
- Maricopa County Audit Report Expected in August
- Gov. Abbott Signs Into Law 7 Bills Enforcing Second Amendment in Texas, Including Constitutional Carry
- Pennsylvania Election Audit a ‘Very Real Possibility’: Top Senate Republican
- Probe Into Fulton County Absentee Ballot Forms Started Before Public Announcement: Official
- Entire Portland Police Rapid Response Team Quits After Officer’s Indictment
- Trump Promises ‘Orderly Transition’ After Biden Certified as President-Elect on
- Trump Says Supreme Court ‘Incompetent and Weak’ Over Election Fraud on
- NH’s Voting Machines Are Capable of Redistributing Votes on
- Dominion’s Parent Company Arranges $400 Million Placement 1 Month Before Election: SEC Filing on
- Joe Biden listed as criminal suspect in Ukrainian court on