By Julia Musto | Fox News
Senate Judiciary Chairman Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said Thursday that he wants the Democratic-led impeachment “sham” process to end quickly.
Appearing on “America’s Newsroom” with hosts Bill Hemmer and Sandra Smith, Graham said he’d like to end the impeachment process “as soon as possible.”
“I don’t want to give it any legitimacy because it’s a crock,” he said, noting that “every impeachment except this one has been conducted by outside counsel.”
IMPEACHMENT MARKUP HEATS UP AS DEMS INVOKE MLK, NADLER SAYS ‘WE CANNOT RELY ON AN ELECTION’ TO OUST TRUMP
Earlier this week, House Democrats announced two articles of impeachment against President Trump, alleging abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.
On Thursday, the Judiciary Committee began day two of its impeachment markup and, after members debate and vote on proposed amendments to the articles, is expected to send them to the House floor for a debate and vote next week.
To convict the president and remove him from office two-thirds of the Senate’s vote is required.
“This is being driven by Democratic partisans, it’s being rushed, there’s no due process … Abuse of power, if you’re looking for it, my Democratic House colleagues, look in the mirror,” Graham stated.
“I hope that we’ll look at the record they use to impeach the president. If they get 218 votes, that will be the trial record. Let the House manager present their case. Let the president’s lawyer comment on the House case. Then vote,” he told Hemmer.
“My goal is to end this as soon as possible for the good of the country because I think it’s a danger to the presidency to legitimize this,” Graham stated.
“Does that mean no witnesses at all?” Hemmer asked.
“I don’t need any witnesses at all. I am ready to go,” Graham replied, adding that the issue of Hunter Biden’s work in Ukraine can be addressed outside of impeachment hearings.
“In terms of time, is it a week, is it two weeks, is it a month, what is it?” Hemmer shot back.
“It’s closer to a week, for sure,” the South Carolina senator said.
“The trial records should be the documents that they use for impeachment in the House: no more, no less. I’m not interested in any witnesses. This thing is a sham,” he concluded. “I want to get it over with.”
Fox News’ Gregg Re, Brooke Singman, and Ronn Blitzer contributed to this report. Julia Musto is a reporter for Foxnews.com
- Baltic Nations Send US-Made Weapons to Ukraine Amid Russian Threat
- US Now Requires All Foreign Travelers to Be COVID-19 Vaccinated When Crossing Land Ports, Ferry Terminals
- Biden’s COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate for Federal Workers Blocked Nationwide
- Scientists Who Were Instrumental to COVID-19 ‘Natural Origins’ Narrative Received Over $50 Million in NIAID Funding in 2020-2021
- Hunter Biden Invested in Chinese Company Tied to Senior Chinese Communist Party Officials: Emails
- Vermont Woman Fired, Denied Unemployment for Refusing Vaccine, Becomes Homeless and Flees to Florida on
- Trump Promises ‘Orderly Transition’ After Biden Certified as President-Elect on
- Trump Says Supreme Court ‘Incompetent and Weak’ Over Election Fraud on
- NH’s Voting Machines Are Capable of Redistributing Votes on
- Dominion’s Parent Company Arranges $400 Million Placement 1 Month Before Election: SEC Filing on