By Charles Creitz | Fox News
“Fox News Sunday” anchor Chris Wallace said Thursday that the findings in Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s report were “shocking,” adding that former FBI Director Jim Comey has much explaining to do.
Wallace told “The Daily Briefing” that Democrats were originally concerned about the advent of the report, but — like Republicans — claimed vindication when it was released.
CHRIS WALLACE INTERVIEWS FORMER FBI DIRECTOR JAMES COMEY AND HOUSE INTELLIGENCE COMMITTEE CHAIR ADAM SCHIFF ON ‘FOX NEWS SUNDAY’
However, Wallace noted that Horowitz testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee Wednesday that no one had been “vindicated” by the report.
“The misdeeds he found in terms of the FISA [Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act] warrant … are pretty shocking,” Wallace said.
ERIC TRUMP: PELOSI HAS LOST CONTROL OF HER CAUCUS
“We were talking and [as] you just heard [Rep. Will Hurd, R-Texas] say … why is it when you have 17 mistakes — 17 things that are misrepresented or lapses — and every one of them goes against the president and for investigating him, you have to say, ‘Is that a coincidence’?”
“As [Hurd] said, it is either gross incompetence or intentionality.”
Host Dana Perino added that Wallace will have a rare Fox News interview with House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif. on “Fox News Sunday.” Schiff is one of the chief lawmakers overseeing the Trump impeachment inquiry
In 2016, Schiff took part in a combative interview on “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” in which the titular host grilled the lawmaker about allegations of Russian interference in the presidential election.
On the subject of impeachment, Wallace told Perino that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., is a “pretty smart tactician,” — no matter what observers think of her politics.
“I think she has made the calculation for her base and for the vast majority of her members of Congress — not those 31 in the swing districts — it would be much worse not to go ahead with impeachment,” he said, “because you would look foolish having climbed up this mountain and [being] suddenly within reach of the summit and saying ‘Nah, forget it’.”
- Baltic Nations Send US-Made Weapons to Ukraine Amid Russian Threat
- US Now Requires All Foreign Travelers to Be COVID-19 Vaccinated When Crossing Land Ports, Ferry Terminals
- Biden’s COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate for Federal Workers Blocked Nationwide
- Scientists Who Were Instrumental to COVID-19 ‘Natural Origins’ Narrative Received Over $50 Million in NIAID Funding in 2020-2021
- Hunter Biden Invested in Chinese Company Tied to Senior Chinese Communist Party Officials: Emails
- Vermont Woman Fired, Denied Unemployment for Refusing Vaccine, Becomes Homeless and Flees to Florida on
- Trump Promises ‘Orderly Transition’ After Biden Certified as President-Elect on
- Trump Says Supreme Court ‘Incompetent and Weak’ Over Election Fraud on
- NH’s Voting Machines Are Capable of Redistributing Votes on
- Dominion’s Parent Company Arranges $400 Million Placement 1 Month Before Election: SEC Filing on