By Zachary Stieber
A warden at a federal prison holding Jeffrey Epstein associate Ghislaine Maxwell was charged with murder this week.
Antonia Ashford, 44, of Jackson, New Jersey, was charged with murder after allegedly killing her husband, Roderick Ashford, inside their home.
Antonia Ashford was also charged with possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose.
Prosecutors in Ocean County said Jackson Township police officers on Aug. 2 in the early hours of the morning responded to a 911 call about a man being shot.
Officers found Roderick Ashford, 47, lying unresponsive on the floor with a gunshot wound to his face.
Ashford died on the scene despite efforts to revive him.
An investigation determined Antonia Ashford pointed a gun at her husband and fired, causing his death.
Antonia Ashford is an associate warden at the Metropolitan Detention Center in the Brooklyn borough of New York City, the Federal Bureau of Prisons told news outlets.
The bureau confirmed her employment via email to The Epoch Times.
A spokesperson declined further comment, beyond also confirming that Roderick Ashford was a drug treatment specialist at the Federal Correctional Institution in Fort Dix, New Jersey.
Maxwell is awaiting trial on charges related to her alleged involvement in a child sex trafficking ring that Epstein ran before he was arrested.
Epstein killed himself in a different federal prison in Manhattan in 2019.
- Facebook Faces Senate Probe After Report Reveals Instagram’s Harmful Effects on Teenage Girls
- Ocasio-Cortez Faces Ethics Complaint for Accepting Ticket to Met Gala
- France Says It Has Killed ISIS-GS Leader, a Former Al-Qaeda Leader, in Africa
- Critical Race Theory Has No Place in Military: Rep. Ken Buck
- Citing First Amendment, Private Investigator Asks Supreme Court to Review License Denial
- Trump Promises ‘Orderly Transition’ After Biden Certified as President-Elect on
- Trump Says Supreme Court ‘Incompetent and Weak’ Over Election Fraud on
- NH’s Voting Machines Are Capable of Redistributing Votes on
- Dominion’s Parent Company Arranges $400 Million Placement 1 Month Before Election: SEC Filing on
- Joe Biden listed as criminal suspect in Ukrainian court on