By Joshua Nelson | Fox News
Sen. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn., told “America Newsroom” on Friday that the House Democrats’ impeachment was a failed strategy that placed them in an adverse predicament with the American people and the Senate.
“There’s an old country song. When you’re in a hole, stop digging,” Blackburn said.
REP. SCALISE: DEMS STARTED IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY ‘LOOKING FOR A CRIME’ AND NEVER FOUND ONE
“I think they know that they have dug themselves into a hole and I think they’re having a tough time getting out of this one. The people know this was a partisan impeachment. The American people are sick of this,” Blackburn.
In an unusual press conference Thursday, Pelosi defended her decision to hold off on sending impeachment articles to the Senate, calling Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., a “rogue leader.” Pelosi repeatedly tried to shut down questions about the impeachment process.
PELOSI STANDS BY DELAY IN SENDING IMPEACHMENT ARTICLES TO SENATE, CALLS MCCONNELL A ‘ROGUE LEADER’
Pelosi spoke to reporters after Democrats passed two articles of impeachment against President Trump in a Wednesday evening vote. She indicated the House would eventually send the articles over to the upper chamber but insisted it is up to the Senate to determine how the process develops going forward.
After an impeachment in the House, the articles are normally sent over to the upper chamber for an impeachment trial, but Pelosi signaled that the House is waiting for the Senate to set out how Trump’s trial will be conducted before they determine next steps, such as designating impeachment managers.
Blackburn went on to say, “2020 is going to be a big year for us in Washington and in the Senate and whenever she sends them over, if she sends them over at all, then we will take it up and we will do our work in a full and fair measure,” Blackburn said, adding that people in Tennessee think the impeachment process is “ridiculous.”Joshua Nelson is a freelance reporter for Fox News.
- Florida Judge Blocks Biden’s Debt Relief Program for Non-White Farmers
- Wisconsin Senate Passes ‘Second Amendment Sanctuary’ Bill
- Newsom to Officially Face Recall Election
- New Law Requires Florida Students to Be Taught About ‘The Evils of Communism’
- Pennsylvania House Passes Election Integrity Bill: ‘The System Does Not Work’
- Trump Promises ‘Orderly Transition’ After Biden Certified as President-Elect on
- Trump Says Supreme Court ‘Incompetent and Weak’ Over Election Fraud on
- NH’s Voting Machines Are Capable of Redistributing Votes on
- Dominion’s Parent Company Arranges $400 Million Placement 1 Month Before Election: SEC Filing on
- Joe Biden listed as criminal suspect in Ukrainian court on