By Sam Dorman | Fox News
“View” co-host Meghan McCain confronted Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., on Tuesday over the way she described Gen. Qassem Soleimani, the now-deceased head of the Quds forces within Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard.
“This is a man who is obviously responsible for hundreds of American troops’ deaths, carnage, we can’t even imagine,” McCain told Warren on Tuesday.
“The Treasury Department and the State Department have both designated the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps as a terrorist organization — I don’t understand the flip flop. I don’t understand why it was so hard to call him a terrorist,” she added.
McCain noted how Warren had called Soleimani a “murderer” and later described his death as an assassination.
MEGHAN MCCAIN SAYS ELIZABETH WARREN IS HAVING HER ‘BEST POLITICAL DAY’ YET AS UKRAINE TRANSCRIPT RELEASED
“This isn’t a change,” Warren said of her two statements. “They’re truth.”
Asked by @MeghanMcCain if Gen. Soleimani was a terrorist, Sen. @ewarren says, “Of course he is. He’s part of a group that our federal government has designated as a terrorist. The question, though, is what’s the right response?” http://abcn.ws/2Fruw0K 48311:55 AM – Jan 7, 2020
“The question is: what is the response that the president of the United States should make and what advances the interests of the United States of America,” she added.
Warren pointed to former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein, whom she admitted was a “bad guy” but didn’t warrant the United States going to war.
IRAN VOWS ‘HARSH RETALIATION’ AFTER US AIRSTRIKE KILLS IRANIAN GEN. QASSEM SOLEIMANI
“Going to war in Iraq was not in the interest of the United States. We lost thousands of American lives. It cost us here at home. It has cost us around the war,” she said.
Democrats like Warren have worried that President Trump’s strike on Soleimani could lead the nation into armed conflict with Iran.
At one point, McCain asked Warren whether she thought Soleimani was a terrorist. After twice describing Soleimani as “part of a group” designated as terrorists, Warren said “of course” Soleimani was himself a terrorist.Sam Dorman is a reporter with Fox News.
- Maricopa County Audit Report Expected in August
- Gov. Abbott Signs Into Law 7 Bills Enforcing Second Amendment in Texas, Including Constitutional Carry
- Pennsylvania Election Audit a ‘Very Real Possibility’: Top Senate Republican
- Probe Into Fulton County Absentee Ballot Forms Started Before Public Announcement: Official
- Entire Portland Police Rapid Response Team Quits After Officer’s Indictment
- Trump Promises ‘Orderly Transition’ After Biden Certified as President-Elect on
- Trump Says Supreme Court ‘Incompetent and Weak’ Over Election Fraud on
- NH’s Voting Machines Are Capable of Redistributing Votes on
- Dominion’s Parent Company Arranges $400 Million Placement 1 Month Before Election: SEC Filing on
- Joe Biden listed as criminal suspect in Ukrainian court on