By FOX Business
The company also won a lucrative contract with the U.S. Navy.
The U.S. Air Force on Friday announced it had awarded Lockheed Martin a $15 billion contract for its C-130J Super Hercules aircraft.
The contract is for development, integration and production activities of the military transport aircraft.
BOEING AWARDED NEARLY $23B AIR FORCE CONTRACT FOR F-15EX FIGHTER JET PROGRAM
The C-130J can carry tons of supplies more than 3,000 miles, according to the company, and can operate with only two pilots and a loadmaster for most missions.
Military operations the aircraft is suited for include weather reconnaissance, electronic warfare, medical evacuation, search and rescue, paradrop, maritime mission, special operations, personnel support, as well as both in-flight and ground fueling.
PROPOSED DEFENSE BILL PROVIDES $1M TO RENAME FACILITIES REFERENCING CONFEDERATE LEADERS
According to Lockheed Martin, the aircraft is operational in 18 nations on five continents, including Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom.
Work on the contract will be performed in Marietta, Georgia – and is scheduled for completion in July 2030. The contract is ifor an ndefinite quantity and indefinite delivery.
Meanwhile, Lockheed also won a $935 million contract with the U.S. Navy on Friday related to its F-35 Lightning II.
- Stellantis and Foxconn Announce Partnership for New Line of Automotive Semiconductor Chips
- Mark Meadows sues Nancy Pelosi and Capitol riot panel members
- Biden Administration Skips Congressional Hearing on Closing Gitmo
- The ‘Great Resignation’ and Inflation Could Push Each Other Higher, Says Economist
- US Still Facing ‘Great Worker Shortages’ Amid Near Record Job Openings
- Vermont Woman Fired, Denied Unemployment for Refusing Vaccine, Becomes Homeless and Flees to Florida on
- Trump Promises ‘Orderly Transition’ After Biden Certified as President-Elect on
- Trump Says Supreme Court ‘Incompetent and Weak’ Over Election Fraud on
- NH’s Voting Machines Are Capable of Redistributing Votes on
- Dominion’s Parent Company Arranges $400 Million Placement 1 Month Before Election: SEC Filing on