By Greg Gutfeld | Fox News
Somewhere in a parallel universe, there’s a huge news story going on.
It’s about a terror attack on a Florida naval base, where a Saudi national killed three sailors.
The terrorist embraced radical Islamic ideology years before he came here to train. He also expressed extremist thoughts on social media. According to reports, the night before, he and pals allegedly watched mass shooting videos. Two of the other Saudis investigated in connection to the attack filmed it.
AFTER NAS PENSACOLA SHOOTING, PENTAGON SUSPENDS FLIGHT TRAINING FOR HUNDREDS OF SAUDI STUDENTS, OFFICIALS SAY
This event should raise key questions among our fact-seeking media. Why are we training so many Saudis? Have we ever reconciled the fact that the large majority of 9/11 hijackers were Saudi nationals? And where was armed security in this attack?
This would matter in a parallel universe. But not this one, because we’re too busy filling space with a sham impeachment.
It’s a “double whammy” of destruction. Not only does impeachment add false outrage to exhaust your brain, it also replaces information that you need to know. So you know less about reality, and you carry more media-generated garbage in your brain.
But in the Trump era, all stories must be about how evil he is. Perhaps if we could blame this shooting on Trump, the media would pay more attention to it.
You see that word, “pay”?
Attention is currency. When you pay it to one thing, you don’t pay it to another. You only have so much.
And the media, every day, robs you blind.
Adapted from Greg Gutfeld’s monologue on “The Five” on Dec. 11, 2019.
Greg Gutfeld currently serves as host of FOX News Channel’s (FNC) The Greg Gutfeld Show (Saturdays 10-11PM/ET) and co-host of The Five (weekdays 5-6PM/ET). He joined the network in 2007 as a contributor.
- Gold Is Outperforming Bitcoin and the Stock Market in the Past 3 Months: What’s the Better Hedge?
- Growing Number of European Countries Rolling Back COVID-19 Restrictions
- Baltic Nations Send US-Made Weapons to Ukraine Amid Russian Threat
- US Now Requires All Foreign Travelers to Be COVID-19 Vaccinated When Crossing Land Ports, Ferry Terminals
- Biden’s COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate for Federal Workers Blocked Nationwide
- Vermont Woman Fired, Denied Unemployment for Refusing Vaccine, Becomes Homeless and Flees to Florida on
- Trump Promises ‘Orderly Transition’ After Biden Certified as President-Elect on
- Trump Says Supreme Court ‘Incompetent and Weak’ Over Election Fraud on
- NH’s Voting Machines Are Capable of Redistributing Votes on
- Dominion’s Parent Company Arranges $400 Million Placement 1 Month Before Election: SEC Filing on