By Madeline Farber | Fox News
For the second straight day, Colorado reported no new deaths linked directly to the novel coronavirus, according to official estimates.
COLORADO AMENDS CORONAVIRUS DEATH COUNT – SAYS FEWER HAVE DIED OF COVID-19 THAN PREVIOUSLY REPORTED
The news comes as deaths from the coronavirus in the Centennial State have continued to decline since peaking in mid-April, the Denver Post reported.
Hospitalizations due to COVID-19 are also falling, with some 297 people currently hospitalized in Colorado. The newspaper noted this is the first time since March 27 that less than 300 people in the state have been hospitalized at once due to the coronavirus.
The news comes after Colorado made a significant change to the way it counts COVID-19 deaths that reduced the statewide figure from more than 1,000 to 878 in mid-May. The change came after Colorado’s Department of Public Health admitted that its COVID-19 death toll was counting those who tested positive for the coronavirus but had died of other causes. The state now separates the two, now listing “deaths among cases” and “deaths due to COVID-19” in separate categories in its official estimates.
Colorado has reported 26,378 cases of the novel virus, with some 1,181 deaths due to COVID-19, according to the latest estimates.
- Facebook Faces Senate Probe After Report Reveals Instagram’s Harmful Effects on Teenage Girls
- Ocasio-Cortez Faces Ethics Complaint for Accepting Ticket to Met Gala
- France Says It Has Killed ISIS-GS Leader, a Former Al-Qaeda Leader, in Africa
- Critical Race Theory Has No Place in Military: Rep. Ken Buck
- Citing First Amendment, Private Investigator Asks Supreme Court to Review License Denial
- Trump Promises ‘Orderly Transition’ After Biden Certified as President-Elect on
- Trump Says Supreme Court ‘Incompetent and Weak’ Over Election Fraud on
- NH’s Voting Machines Are Capable of Redistributing Votes on
- Dominion’s Parent Company Arranges $400 Million Placement 1 Month Before Election: SEC Filing on
- Joe Biden listed as criminal suspect in Ukrainian court on